What happens if there are medical errors in the emergency room? The patient may sustain severe injuries and conditions. If you have been injured in a Miami, FL emergency room, Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer is here wants to help.
Our Miami emergency room errors lawyer fights to recover compensation for clients who have been injured because of medical errors in hospital emergency rooms.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Miami medical malpractice lawyer. Contents
How Our Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help if You’ve Been Injured Because of Emergency Room Errors
Medical negligence in emergency rooms can turn your life upside down. You or your family member may have sustained permanent injuries because of the errors and mistakes made during your medical care.
You deserve to be compensated for your financial losses, pain, suffering, and other damages.
At Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer, we fight for the rights of injury victims throughout Miami, Florida. We are dedicated to our clients, which is why the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys recognized us as one of the “10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction.”
Our Miami personal injury lawyer is a talented and experienced trial lawyer recognized by the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40. If your case goes to trial, you can trust you have an aggressive legal advocate fighting for you in the courtroom.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Analyze your case and provide an honest assessment
- Conduct a thorough and comprehensive investigation into what happened to you
- Handle all aspects of your personal injury claim
- File all insurance claims and other legal notices
- Handle all communications with insurance companies, defense lawyers, and other parties
- Vigorously negotiate for the maximum compensation available for your case
- Provide exceptional customer service throughout your case
- File a personal injury lawsuit, when necessary
Let our Miami medical malpractice attorney help you hold the hospital accountable for breaches of the standard of care that led to your injuries.
How Common Are Emergency Room Errors?
People go to the emergency room for help when they sustain an injury or have an urgent health crisis, such as a heart attack or stroke. They expect immediate and life-saving care from the emergency department. However, that isn’t always what happens.
There are about 130 million visits to emergency rooms each year.
Unfortunately, medical errors are very common, including in emergency departments. Medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the United States.
It is estimated that about one in every 100,000 emergency room visits results in medical malpractice claims. For the victims of medical malpractice in emergency rooms, the outcome could be fatal.
What Are Common Causes of Emergency Room Errors?
Many emergency rooms are overcrowded and understaffed. Doctors, nurses, and medical professionals work long shifts under immense stress. The combination of these factors often leads to medical errors and mistakes.
Numerous factors can result in emergency room errors. A lack of training, being rushed, and failure to follow proper procedures can lead to a variety of common emergency room errors.
Examples of emergency room errors include:
- Failing to review test results promptly, which could lead to additional injury and harm
- Diagnostic errors, including failing to order diagnostic tests, misdiagnosis of conditions, and delayed diagnosis
- Failing to obtain a patient’s medical history
- Medication errors, including prescribing the wrong medication and errors in medication doses
- Incorrect diagnosis of infections, which could lead to sepsis
- Promptly consulting a medical specialist or referring the patient to another facility for specialized treatment
- Failing to perform surgeries or other medical procedures promptly
- Lack of or poor communication between doctors, nurses, and other health care providers
- Documentation errors that could lead to a variety of mistakes and medical errors
The above list is just a handful of the types of errors that occur in hospital emergency rooms.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Emergency Room Errors
Unfortunately, wrongful death can be the outcome when an error occurs in the emergency department. A patient who does not receive the medical care required for their condition could sustain injuries including, but not limited to:
- Damage to internal organs from infections and other health conditions
- Unnecessary or incorrect surgical procedures
- Strokes and heart attacks
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs or body parts
- Permanent nerve damage or soft tissue damage
- Loss or decrease in bodily functions
Some medical errors may be reversible. The patient may not sustain permanent harm. However, some patients develop disabling conditions or permanent impairments because of emergency room errors.
Who is Liable for an Emergency Room Errors?
Our Miami medical malpractice attorney will investigate your claim to determine what happened to you while you were being treated in the emergency room.
The hospital or medical facility can be held liable for medical negligence and wrongdoing committed by a staff member.
Doctors and physicians can also be held financially liable if they breach their duty of care and commit malpractice.
What Compensation is Available to Victims of ER Malpractice in Florida?
If the hospital or a doctor committed malpractice, you could recover compensation for your damages, including:
- The cost of medical care needed because of the malpractice
- Loss of income and benefits, including future decreases in earning potential
- Physical pain and suffering
- Disabilities, permanent impairments, and disfigurement caused by the malpractice
- Mental and emotional distress and trauma
- Cost of long-term personal care and ongoing medical expenses
- A decrease in your quality of life or enjoyment of life
The value of your personal injury claim depends on the facts of your case. Our legal team works diligently to document each type of damage to maximize your recovery amount.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Miami, FL
Sustaining injuries or harm because of emergency room errors is a traumatic experience. Our Miami emergency room errors lawyer will do everything to take as much stress off of your shoulders. We want you to focus on your recovery while we focus on getting you the money you deserve.
Contact Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer now to schedule your free consultation with a medical malpractice attorney in South Florida.