Were you or a loved one harmed by a urologist’s negligence in Miami, FL? An experienced Miami urologist malpractice lawyer at Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer can help you initiate a lawsuit to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Our legal team has years of experience fighting for patients who suffered harm from their doctors. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients and are ready to stand up for you.
- 1 How Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help With Your Urologist Malpractice Case in Miami
- 2 How Common is Urologist Malpractice in Miami?
- 3 What is My Urologist Malpractice Case Worth?
- 4 What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Urologist Malpractice?
- 5 We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Urologist Malpractice Injuries
- 6 What Causes Most Urologist Malpractice in Miami, Florida?
- 7 How Do I Prove a Urologist Committed Medical Malpractice in Florida?
- 8 How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit Based on Urologist Malpractice in Florida?
- 9 Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Miami for a Free Consultation
How Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help With Your Urologist Malpractice Case in Miami
Medical treatments can require patients to deal with highly personal and sensitive health matters. When you’re referred to a urologist, your medical issues are undoubtedly sensitive. Most patients have no choice but to trust their urologist. You want your condition treated as quickly and effectively as possible–so that you can put it all behind you.
When your urologist is careless and makes the problem worse, it’s understandable to feel fear and frustration. Our respected Miami medical malpractice lawyers can help you fight for justice.
When you hire Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer, we’ll handle every aspect of your personal injury case in Miami, FL.
That means we’ll:
- Analyze your medical records to identify your urologist’s error and locate all responsible parties
- Handle all paperwork and communications with the insurance companies
- Hire experts and specialists to strengthen your claim
- Fight to recover the maximum compensation you deserve
Our Miami medical malpractice attorneys have years of experience handling sensitive medical malpractice claims like yours. We offer a free consultation to all potential clients–so you don’t have to worry about paying anything upfront. To learn more, contact our Miami personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation.
How Common is Urologist Malpractice in Miami?
Urologists and other specialized medical professionals aren’t immune from medical errors. Urologists are doctors who specialize in the genitourinary tract.
They’re focused on diagnosing and treating conditions that impact the:
- Adrenal glands
- Male reproductive organs
In one study on the malpractice risks for urologists, 77% of the doctors who responded had been sued for medical malpractice. Forty-four percent of those claims had resulted in payment to the plaintiffs.
What is My Urologist Malpractice Case Worth?
A urologist’s mistake can greatly diminish your quality of life. If that error was serious enough to amount to medical malpractice, you deserve the maximum compensation possible.
To recover maximum compensation, you have to know how much your case is worth. Most patients have a difficult time putting a dollar value on the pain and trauma their doctor’s mistake has caused. Speaking with an experienced lawyer is the best way to get a sense of what your medical malpractice case is worth.
Judges, juries, and insurance companies weigh a number of factors in assigning value to a medical malpractice claim, including:
- The nature and severity of the harm you’ve suffered
- Whether your condition is treatable or permanent
- The type and cost of medical treatment
- Your lost wages and income
- The overall impact of your illness/injury on your quality of life
- Your mental pain and emotional suffering
Insurance companies handle cases like yours every day. They know what your claim is worth. They also know that many victims are likely to accept less than fair value.
Our lawyers at Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer handle cases like yours on a regular basis–and we’ll do everything possible to maximize your compensation award.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Urologist Malpractice?
Economic damages are the financial costs associated with your doctor’s mistake.
At Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer, we’ll fight to recover compensation for your:
- Medical bills, including ER visits, surgeries, medications, and more
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Diminished future earning potential
- Ongoing therapies and treatments
- In-home care
Non-economic damages compensate victims for their non-financial losses. Medical mistakes can change your life drastically. You deserve to be compensated for all of the pain and inconvenience you’ll experience.
Some common examples of those non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of sexual function
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Were you injured because your health care provider made a mistake? It’s important to hire a lawyer who understands insurance companies.
At Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer, our Miami urologist malpractice lawyers have a history of successfully handling even the most complex medical malpractice claims. For help getting the full compensation you deserve, call our law firm for a free consultation today.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Urologist Malpractice Injuries
Depending on the type of error, patients can suffer serious consequences.
Victims of urologist malpractice might suffer:
- Loss of sexual function
- Diminished sexual function
- Kidney problems
- Adverse reactions to prescription drugs
- A worsened underlying condition
- Unnecessary and painful surgeries and medical treatment
- Birth injuries
- Wrongful death
It’s possible that multiple parties could share responsibility for your injuries. At Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer, we’ll fight to hold each and every at-fault party accountable. Our lawyers are ready when you are–just contact our offices to schedule a free case review.
What Causes Most Urologist Malpractice in Miami, Florida?
Urology is a complex medical field. When a urologist is careless, it’s the patient who will suffer the greatest harm. To recover damages, you’ll have to point to the specific error that caused your injuries.
Some common causes of urologist errors in Miami include:
- Delayed diagnosis
- Failure to diagnose cancer of the kidneys, prostate, bladder, or testicles
- Failure to order the proper diagnostic tests
- Failure to obtain a complete patient history
- Misinterpreting test results
- Lab errors
- Failure to explain the risks and side effects of any procedure
- Failure to monitor after a procedure
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Medication errors
- Surgical errors
- Vasectomy errors
Any type of medical mistake can cause an underlying condition to worsen. You shouldn’t leave your doctor’s care in worse health than when you arrived. If that happens, you may have the right to fair financial compensation.
If you’re interested in having our lawyers review your case for compensation, give us a call today. We’d be happy to schedule a free case review at your convenience.
How Do I Prove a Urologist Committed Medical Malpractice in Florida?
Most personal injury victims have to prove negligence to recover compensation after an accident. When a doctor or health care provider causes the “accident,” the victim has to prove that the mistake amounted to medical negligence.
To recover damages for urologist malpractice, you’ll have to offer a judge or insurance company proof that:
- The responsible party owed you a legal duty of care (such as a doctor-patient relationship)
- The care you received fell below the medical standard of care
- That “breach,” or sub-par medical treatment, caused you harm
- The amount of damages you’re entitled to receive
Florida medical malpractice laws require victims to provide expert witness testimony to prove their right to take legal action.
That expert will provide evidence about:
- The level of care you should have received, based on what a reasonable, similarly-trained doctor would have done under the circumstances
- How your urologist’s treatment failed to live up to that standard
In other words, you have to prove that the urologist deviated from the medical standard of care.
At Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer, we’ll invest the time and resources to prove you were a victim of medical malpractice. To learn more about how our attorneys can help you get justice, call to schedule a free case evaluation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit Based on Urologist Malpractice in Florida?
You don’t have a lot of time to take legal action. In Florida, the statute of limitations gives you two years to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
That clock starts running on the earlier of the date:
- You discovered you were harmed by a urologist’s error
- You reasonably should have known about the nature of your injury
Once the statute of limitations expires, you’ll be barred from recovering any compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Miami for a Free Consultation
If you were a victim of a urologist’s negligence, you can count on Lavent Law Personal Injury Lawyer to pursue full compensation for your losses. All you have to do is call today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Miami urologist malpractice lawyer.