In the past decade, over 5,000 scooter and moped accidents were reported in the state of Florida. Getting into an accident on your scooter presents you with many decisions and questions regarding how to proceed.
Filing a personal injury lawsuit is often the best course of action, especially if you’re facing medical bills and damage repairs because of someone else’s negligence. To start the litigation process, you’ll need a knowledgeable Miami scooter accident lawyer from Lavent Law, P.A. to advise and represent you throughout the process.
Why Did Your Scooter Accident Happen?
As with any motor vehicle wreck, there are a myriad of reasons that an accident with a moped or scooter can occur. In order to seek compensation for damages, we will need to prove that the accident was not your fault and that someone else was responsible.
Some of the scenarios where another person or entity may be to blame for an accident include the following:
- The other driver was driving distracted
- The other driver did not see you due to an obstructed view because of a property feature
- Road conditions such as potholes or uneven surfaces affected your ability to maneuver the scooter
- The other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- A defective scooter part failed and caused the accident
The cause of the accident can help or hurt your case, so your Miami scooter accident lawyer will need to have as much information as possible about what happened.
Florida Comparative Negligence
In Florida, fault is determined according to comparative negligence laws. This means that the amount of money you are eligible to receive in damages is directly related to the amount of fault you are found to be responsible for.
Some of the questions you’ll have to answer in order for the judge to determine your level of fault includes the following:
- Were you wearing a helmet that day?
- Did you use hand signals?
- Have you taken any driving courses?
Other questions you might be asked include how long you have been operating a scooter or moped, the last date of service, and whether you were driving too fast for conditions. Your Miami scooter accident lawyer will help you prepare for these questions and minimize your liability by developing a persuasive case demonstrating the other party’s fault.
Compensation for a Miami Moped Accident
Virtually any damage or expense you incur because of the accident should be factored into your settlement. A Miami scooter accident lawyer from our office will work closely with you and your doctor to determine the value of your claim.
These are just a few of the items that may apply to your personal injury case:
- Missed time at work and the resulting lost wages and income
- Medical expenses, including current and future treatments
- Damage done to your scooter
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
Retain a Qualified Miami Scooter Accident Lawyer
If you have been in a moped or scooter accident in the Miami area, you do have options available to you, even if you think you may have been at fault.
A Miami moped accident lawyer from Lavent Law, P.A. can evaluate your case and advise you on how best to proceed. To arrange your free consultation, just call our office at (305) 257-9464 or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Our Miami, FL personal injury law firm also provides:
- Auto Accident Attorneys in Miami
- Slip and Fall Lawyers serving Miami, FL
- Miami Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Boat Accident Attorney in Miami
- Miami Dog Bites Attorneys
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Miami, FL
- Miami Premises Liability Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Miami
- Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys serving in Miami
- Miami Scooter Accident Attorney