Did you recently get injured on the job in Miami, Florida? If so, you may be able to recover benefits to help pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
To begin the legal process, all you have to do is reach out to a skilled Miami workers’ compensation lawyer from Lavent Law, PA. We offer a free initial case evaluation, so don’t hesitate to reach out to our team to schedule yours today.
- 1 How Our Miami Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help with Your Workers’ Compensation Case
- 2 An Overview of the Workers’ Compensation System in Florida
- 3 Benefits Available to Injured Employees in Miami
- 4 Understanding the Responsibilities of Employers and Employees
- 5 Common Causes of Workers’ Compensation Claims in Miami, FL
- 6 Common Injuries Sustained in Workplace Accidents in Miami, FL
- 7 Your Knowledgeable Miami Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
How Our Miami Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help with Your Workers’ Compensation Case
Hiring a knowledgeable Miami personal injury attorney from Lavent Law, PA, is a sound way to protect your finances after you suffer an injury at work. Here are just a few of the ways our legal team can help you fight for the benefits you deserve:
- Launch an independent investigation into your workplace accident
- Provide you with sound legal advice throughout your case
- Search for evidence that may help your workers’ compensation case
- Consult with relevant experts about the details of your case
- Provide you with straightforward answers to your legal questions
- Speak with your employer’s insurer on your behalf
- Review the details of your accident and assess your damages
- Walk you through the legal options that are available to you
- Handle the administrative side of your workers’ compensation claim
- Put together an effective legal strategy for your workers’ compensation case
- Provide you with an overview of the Florida workers’ compensation system
- Negotiate a fair settlement with your employer’s insurer
- Represent your best interests at your workers’ compensation hearing
Would you like to have our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys help you fight for the benefits you need and deserve?
If so, please reach out to us today to arrange a free consultation at our Miami law office. We have an in-depth understanding of Florida law, and we are ready to go to battle on your behalf.
An Overview of the Workers’ Compensation System in Florida
The state of Florida requires almost all employers to carry a valid workers’ compensation insurance policy. When their employees sustain on-the-job injuries, they may use this coverage to help them cover their medical bills and other expenses.
Injured workers who wish to claim benefits must typically follow this path:
When an employee sustains a workplace injury in the state of Florida, they must report it to their manager or supervisor within 30 days. The business then has seven days to tell their insurance company about the accident.
Once an injured worker tells their employer about their accident, they may file a formal claim for benefits. The statute of limitations on workers’ compensation claims in the state of Florida is two years, so employees must typically file their forms before this deadline passes to recover the benefits they need.
When a worker sustains an on-the-job injury in Miami, their employer can send them to an approved doctor to evaluate their health. The employee then has the right to get a second opinion from an independent physician of their choosing.
When the insurer receives the medical reports from the doctors, they then review it to determine the benefits the injured party ought to receive. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.
Injured workers in Florida sometimes find that the benefits offered by the insurance company are not sufficient to cover their medical expenses and other bills. When such a situation occurs, they and their lawyer can try to negotiate a more favorable compensation package.
If negotiations fail, injured workers can file a formal appeal with the court. They and their lawyer will then have the chance to present evidence and argue their case in front of a judge. If the judge believes that they should receive more money, they can order the insurer to improve their benefits package.
Do you want to have a skilled Miami workplace accident attorney from Lavent Law, PA, help you file a claim for benefits? If so, reach out to us as soon as possible to discuss your case in detail. Our legal team knows how to win cases like yours, and we are ready to stand up for you.
Benefits Available to Injured Employees in Miami
The amount of compensation available to people who suffer work-related injuries in the City of Miami depends on many factors, including:
- The fees associated with the initial medical care
- The expenses they incur during their rehabilitation
- Whether or not their accident leaves them with a disability
- The number of days they missed from work because of their injury
- The effect their injury will have on their ability to perform their job
- Whether or not they will need to undergo training to land a new job
Employees who sustain injuries that leave them with long-term disabilities that stop them from continuing to work generally receive the most sizable benefits packages.
When the skilled workers’ compensation lawyers at Lavent Law, PA, stand up for injured Miami employees, we pursue benefits like:
- Medical benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits
- Temporary total disability benefits (TTD)
- Permanent total disability benefits (PTD)
- Temporary partial disability benefits (TPD)
- Permanent partial disability benefits (PPD)
Unfortunately, it is not at all unusual for Miami residents to lose their lives in workplace accidents. When this nightmare scenario occurs, our lawyers help their family members pursue death benefits. Under Florida law, these payouts can go up to $150,000.
Would you like to have our skilled Miami personal injury lawyers help you pursue the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve? If so, please contact us today to set up a free initial consultation at our headquarters in Miami-Dade County. We have years of experience in the industry and would be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Understanding the Responsibilities of Employers and Employees
The state of Florida has many laws that detail how employees and employers must behave when dealing with workplace injuries. These rules explain that workers have a duty to:
- Notify their employer about their injury as quickly as possible, and
- Consult with their employer before visiting a doctor, except in the case of an emergency
- Communicate with the company’s insurer about their medical care
Employers, on the other hand, must:
- Post information about their employees’ rights in the workplace
- Contact their insurer immediately when an injury occurs
- Offer injured workers reduced duties when necessary, and
- Provide their insurer with updates on the worker’s duties and pay
The seasoned lawyers at Lavent Law, PA, are well-versed in all aspects of Florida workers’ compensation law. So, if you require any more information about your rights or responsibilities in the aftermath of an accident in your workplace, please do not hesitate to call us or contact us online.
Common Causes of Workers’ Compensation Claims in Miami, FL
Each year, thousands of South Florida residents file workers’ compensation claims after on-the-job accidents. Most of those workplace accidents fit into one of the following categories:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slips and falls
- Crush accidents
- Falling object accidents
- Entanglement accidents
Do you need help fighting for compensation after sustaining an injury in a fire or auto accident at work? Then please do not hesitate to reach out to the experienced personal injury lawyers at Lavent Law, PA. We have been helping Miami residents file workers’ compensation claims for years – and we would love to do the same for you.
Common Injuries Sustained in Workplace Accidents in Miami, FL
Miami residents who get into accidents on the job can suffer some severe injuries. It is not at all unusual for these incidents to leave employees with permanent disabilities or long-term health challenges.
A brief list of some of the most commonly sustained injuries in on-the-job accidents in Miami and Miami Beach would include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Degloving injuries
- Eye injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ injuries
Florida employees who suffer one or more of these injuries usually require a lot of medical care. Some workers need to undergo multiple surgical procedures, while others need to attend months or even years of physical therapy.
These treatments do not typically come cheap – even for employees with outstanding health insurance coverage. As such, it is not at all unusual for people who suffer injuries at work to rack up tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills.
If you’ve been injured in an accident on a building site or in a restaurant in South Florida, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the experienced workers’ compensation lawyers at Lavent Law, PA. We may be able to use our knowledge of the law to help you recover the benefits you deserve.
Your Knowledgeable Miami Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Do you need a seasoned Miami workers’ compensation lawyer to help you pursue damages after an on-the-job accident? If so, there is only one law firm you need to call – Lavent Law, PA. Our team has been handling cases like yours for years and is ready to fight tirelessly on your behalf. Contact us today to begin your legal journey.
Our Miami, FL personal injury law firm also provides:
- Auto Accident Attorneys in Miami
- Slip and Fall Lawyers serving Miami, FL
- Miami Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Boat Accident Attorney in Miami
- Miami Dog Bites Attorneys
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Miami, FL
- Miami Premises Liability Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Miami
- Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys serving in Miami
- Miami Scooter Accident Attorney