Have you been injured in a taxi accident in Miami, FL? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. A skilled Miami taxi accident lawyer at Lavent Law, P.A. can help you fight to maximize your financial award.
We have years of experience helping accident victims recover fair compensation across South Florida. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our satisfied clients.
We’ll handle every detail of your personal injury claim so that you can focus on recovering. Call our law offices in Miami, Florida, to schedule a free consultation to learn more.
- 1 How Lavent Law, P.A. Can Help After a Taxi Accident in Miami
- 2 What is My Miami Taxi Accident Case Worth?
- 3 What Types of Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims?
- 4 Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Taxi Accident in Florida?
- 5 We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Taxi Accident Injuries
- 6 What Causes Most Taxi Accidents in Miami, Florida?
- 7 How Do I Prove Negligence After a Taxi Accident in Florida?
- 8 How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Florida?
- 9 Contact a Miami Taxi Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
How Lavent Law, P.A. Can Help After a Taxi Accident in Miami
Taxis offer a convenient way to get around Miami. However, taxi accidents can result in complex personal injury claims. Specifically, it can create complicated insurance issues about who’s responsible for your losses after a crash.
You shouldn’t have to handle a legal battle while you’re struggling to recover from injuries. An experienced Miami personal injury lawyer can protect your legal rights throughout the process.
At Lavent Law, P.A., we know that fighting for fair compensation often requires hard work. Hiring our lawyers means you’ll have a legal team to:
- Recover all of the evidence you’ll need to prove your case
- Consult respected experts and specialists when needed
- Stand up for you when the insurance company tries to downplay your injuries
- Calculate the fair value of your personal injury claim
- Negotiate to recover the maximum compensation you deserve
We care about our clients, so we work tirelessly to secure the meaningful financial results they deserve. Our track record of success hasn’t gone unnoticed. Our founding attorney has been recognized as a National Trial Lawyers’ “Top 40 Under 40” trial attorney. We’ve also been rated as one of the Ten Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
Are you ready to get started? Call a Miami personal injury attorney for a free consultation today.
What is My Miami Taxi Accident Case Worth?
Personal injury lawyers hear this question every day. But we have to know the facts before we can estimate the fair value of your case.
However, certain factors will almost always be relevant in calculating how much your personal injury case is worth.
Those factors include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you’ll require ongoing future medical care
- The value of your lost wages
- Whether you’ll return to work
- The emotional impact of the accident and injury
Often, insurance coverage will limit the amount of compensation victims recover after an accident. However, taxicabs are considered common carriers in Florida and are required to purchase additional insurance.
Minimum taxi insurance coverage includes:
- $125,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $250,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $50,000 in property damage coverage
These limits are significantly higher than the mandatory minimum coverage under Florida no-fault insurance laws. Our Miami taxi accident attorneys have years of experience helping clients recover fair compensation for their injuries.
We can help you fight back when the insurance company tries to pay less than you deserve. Just give us a quick call today for more information.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims?
A taxi accident can disrupt your life. Under Florida personal injury laws, you deserve to be compensated for all of the damage the accident causes. That includes economic losses and non-economic losses.
Economic damages represent your out-of-pocket costs. Types of financial losses you may have suffered include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced future earning potential
- Property damage
Non-economic damages account for your physical and emotional pain. These damages are highly personal. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Physical scarring or disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If it sounds like it would be difficult to put a price tag on these losses, you’re right. However, our lawyers have years of experience helping clients evaluate their emotional losses. We work with experts who can offer insight into these difficult to value damages–and we’ll do everything we can to maximize your overall compensation award.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Taxi Accident in Florida?
Yes, but your compensation award can be reduced in proportion to your share of fault.
Florida shared fault laws apportion liability between all responsible parties. If you’re found to be partly liable, you’ll be responsible for your own percentage of fault.
Apportioning liability after an accident can be a complex process. Having an experienced lawyer by your side greatly increases your chances of taking home every dollar you deserve. At Lavent Law, P.A., we’re prepared to help you fight back if the insurance company blames you for getting hurt. Call for a free initial consultation today to learn more.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Taxi Accident Injuries
Taxis can be involved in all types of accidents. The severity of your injuries will often depend on whether you were hurt in head-on crash, rear-end collision, or even a highway accident.
Some of the most common taxi accident injuries include:
- Whiplash injuries
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Sprains and other soft tissue damage
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Our lawyers at Lavent Law, P.A. will aggressively seek compensation for all of your injuries. Call our law firm in Miami today to get the legal advice you deserve. We offer free initial case reviews, so there’s no risk in reaching out for help.
What Causes Most Taxi Accidents in Miami, Florida?
The roads in Miami can be hectic and congested. Drivers are in a hurry–and they’re often frustrated and stressed out behind the wheel. Taxi drivers are no exception. That said, some accidents are almost inevitable.
However, most are caused by driver negligence. The most common causes of taxi accidents in Miami include:
- Aggressive driving behaviors
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, bicyclists, and other motorists
- Stopping in unsafe locations to pick up or drop off passengers
- Unsafe passing
- Dangerous lane changes and weaving through traffic
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Hazardous road conditions
- Vehicle defects
- Failure to maintain the taxi
Taxi drivers spend much of their day behind the wheel. They’re often tired and distracted by phones and other devices. Unfortunately, that often means they aren’t paying full attention to the roads.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Taxi Accident in Florida?
You won’t automatically receive damages if you were hurt in a car accident. You’ll have to prove that other parties were negligent to recover compensation.
Taxi drivers aren’t the only ones who can be held liable for an accident. Others may share responsibility. Responsible parties may include:
- Taxi cab drivers
- Taxi cab companies
- Manufacturers of defective vehicle parts
- Third-party drivers
- Pedestrians and bicyclists
- Government transit authorities
Some personal injury cases are based on strict liability. However, most accidents and injuries occur because someone was negligent. Even though the at-fault party didn’t intend to hurt you, they can still be held liable for their careless actions.
Proving negligence means establishing four elements, including:
- A legal duty of care
- Breach of duty
- Causation, or that the negligent behavior directly caused the accident
- The damages you suffered
Florida laws divide liability between all parties who share responsibility for an accident. This is particularly important in taxi crash cases. If the taxi driver was working as an employee, the taxi company may ultimately be liable for damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Florida?
You only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident. Under Florida law, the statute of limitations is four years in most personal injury cases. While there are some exceptions, they’re rare.
Missing the deadline has serious consequences. You’ll lose your right to compensation altogether if you wait too long to take legal action.
Contact a Miami Taxi Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Have you been injured in a taxi cab accident in Miami or Fort Lauderdale? Don’t hesitate to call Lavent Law, P.A. for a free case evaluation today. An experienced Miami taxi accident lawyer can help you fight to secure the maximum financial compensation you deserve.